Monday, July 18, 2011

Sever pain in my upper thigh?

I will start by saying that I have had back and spine trouble since a failing trauma since 2002. I have had 11 spinal surgeries with 7 fusions over the past 9 years from L1 thru S1. I have had hardware installed and then removed due to MRSA and Ostimyolitsis infections that have been chronic to present accompied with open non healing wounds over the surgical sites. * pic lines with vanco and a mulitude of other antibiotics. I have experinced sever pain in my lower bcak and pelvis since the initial injury as time goes on it gets worse. I am currently being treated by a large PM hospital at a majior university. Recently I have been getting unbarable radiating pain that starts in my lower spine travles down my right side over the upper hip through the intersection of the side and front of my thigh to the knee. This usualy occurs if I have been standing or walking (with my cane short distances) for any amount of time. It is best discribed as a stabbing pain that feeles like waking up form surgery having a blacksmiths red hot iron implanted in the area. This may last from several seconds to several minuites. It is usualy helpful to move at my waist and or sitting down. I have not yet brought it up to my PM clinic hoping it would just be a non related pain to my spine. I have talked with my PC doctor who thinks I should see the neurosurgeron. The neurosurgeron looking over my complete history said due to the nature of the injury and the complexity of the the surgeries that he would not preform the surgey but does think that it is caused by one of my many herniated and degenerative discs. due to the infections and many hospitalizations I have no hardwarre support implanted in my spine but several BMP fusions were attempted with no success. A MRI would help but can not be preformed due to PM and other heart implantations. What suggestions would you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment