Saturday, July 23, 2011

Depression after back injury?

Hello. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I'm in somewhat of the same position you are. I became ill 3 years ago. Right after that, because of the economy, my husband lost a very good paying job. I also lost my health insurance. I had to go through tons of medical tests, and ended up in the hospital 3 times. The medical bills destroyed us. My health has gotten worse, and i am unable to do anything now. I haven't left my house in months. I've become severely depressed because of the stress and pain i'm in every day. My marriage is pretty much over also. I would just urge you to try to talk to somebody about how you feel, so it doesn't ruin your marriage. I can't do a lot of things now, so i need somebody to help me, and all i had was my husband, and now i don't even have that anymore. Trust me, you don't want to lose that, on top of everything else. Maybe if i would have got therapy early on, that would have helped me cope better. You have so much going on, that it sounds like it's more then you can deal with on your own. They actually have therapists that work with people that have health issues. They teach you how to cope with being sick all the time, and the depression that comes along with it. I think it's worth a try. I hope and pray you feel better soon. I know what you're going through, so i know how difficult it can be. Best of luck to you. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment